World Diabetes Solar Daytime 2016

I apologize for the radio quiet this past times calendar week - at that topographic point was some materials going on inwards my country, the USA - I’ll larn out it at that. 
######
Today, Mon Nov 14th, 2016 is Word Diabetes Day - I’ve lived amongst T1 for 39 years, too I’ve known (and loved,) many people who didn’t last the diabetes black ages - or whose lives were severely shortened because of those diabetes black days. 
We are too then damn lucky too blessed! 
I/we survived too are surrounded too inspired daily, past times a global diabetes online community. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 community that has our backs too keeps fighting for every unmarried soul living amongst diabetes on the planet.
November 14th is besides the 125th birthday of doctor Banting too I keeping thinking of how I wouldn’t live hither (and neither would you, or someone y'all love,)  if doctor Banting & Company hadn’t discovered insulin. 
And non only me - most of my immediate identify unit of measurement wouldn't live here, because my belatedly manly soul bring upward was diagnosed amongst t1 inwards the early on 1950s. 
If insulin hadn’t been discovered too if dad hadn’t had access to it- my manly soul bring upward would accept died every bit a real swain - too my branch of the Kunik Family tree would accept a been a pocket-size twig. 
Same goes for my dad's ii younger sister's who were diagnosed inwards the 1940s - they wouldn't accept survived, so my cousins never would accept been born.

Last black our friend Renza from Diabetogenic in Commonwealth of Australia ,broke the tidings to those of us inwards this hemisphere, that Google lastly dedicated a Google Doodle to our hero doctor Banting. 
As long every bit I’ve been a fellow member of the Diabetes Online Community - since 2007 to live exact. My blogaversary was on Nov ninth - lots of things were going downward inwards the U.S. that twenty-four hours too I didn’t write nearly this year, but I digress. 
Back to the story, since I became a fellow member of the DOC identify unit of measurement inwards “07,” the DOC has been petitioning for a #WDD Google Doodle - too instantly nosotros accept one!

Dr. Banting too World Diabetes Day are Google Doodlefied! 
Today I volition live doing my Big Blue Test , participating inwards the 5th annual, 24 hr World Diabetes Day, twitter chat - #WWDchat16 for those of y'all who solely verbalise inwards hashtags. HUGE thank y'all to Cherise over at DCaf - for making this chat happen!
 I volition live hosting the 7pm to 8pm hr this evening :) 
I volition brand a donation to IDF’s Life For Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Child, an d I volition produce my best to attention every bit many diabetes orgs every bit I can. 

Speaking of diabetes orgs, Kerri over at sixuntilme has a wonderful breakdown of ways y'all tin attention others living amongst diabetes this calendar month too every calendar month - too how others living amongst diabetes tin attention y'all - click HERE, now.  

We are on this together - instantly too forever! 

Komentar

Postingan Populer