Me + T1 Diabetes+ Weight Gain+ Insulin Resistance + Metformin Er =

A footling over 2 years agone I started gaining weight - too no affair how much I walked, rode my bike, counted carbs too kept an oculus on my plate - I kept gaining weight. 
AND information technology SUCKED.
Some of my weight gain was due to me no longer having the metabolism I 1 time had. 
Some of it was due to several rounds of cortisone inwards the aeroplane of shots ( give thanks y'all trigger fingers too CT,) too orally( I had a nasty upper too lower respiratory infection inwards May of 2015,) too the weight that cortisone brings to my person, 
And some of it was due to yours genuinely developing a resistance to insulin - which I'd had for a while, but which was forthwith dialed upward to 11. 

YEP, non solely gain I not gain insulin, thus the whole, me beingness a t1 since I was a footling girl, but I’ve too drib dead insulin resistant - which I’m told happens later on decades of living amongst type 1 diabetes. YAY ME!

Another signature Kellyism - cortisone tends to sticks to my torso for months at a time, requiring me to shoot upward a ridiculous amount of insulin for weeks too taking months too months to larn dorsum to my regular basal rates.

I’ve figured out the cortisone/insulin dance similar Rockstar too I’m non afraid to increment my basals to maintain swell blood sugars on cortisone - but I loathe that cortisone sticks approximately inwards my organization for so long. 

But plenty was plenty too final autumn too I started walking betwixt 9 too xv miles a week - too the damn scale kept going inwards the incorrect administration - too my A1C barely budged. 
And wasn't similar I was eating Ben & Jerry's every nighttime - I wasn't. 

Gaining weight too working so damn difficult to lose it without success made made me frustrated too depressed. 
On March 15th, 2016, I went to my endo appointment and doctor J too I had 1 of our pump to hearts -  I was having manus too wrist surgical operation inwards May too I didn’t desire to gain whatsoever to a greater extent than weight piece I was recovering. 
Dr. J mentioned Metformin ER, I mentioned my pilus too my fearfulness of losing it. 
Sidebar: The final fourth dimension I'd given Metformin a endeavor was inwards 2008 - too I noticed clumps of pilus on the carpet. Even though I'm a shedder when it comes to my pilus - the clumps on the carpeting were beyond normal too I stopped taking Metformin.
And my pilus stopped falling out inwards clumps.

And so I started to cry. 

And doctor J was swell - he told me that nosotros could endeavor some injectables, but that because I was t1, my insurance most probable would non comprehend them. 
He told me that Metformin ER was unlike too improve than regular metformin - too that cost wise, it was cheap. 
Dr. J too felt that it could outpouring begin my metabolism, too it didn’t lead hold to live permanent.  
So nosotros made a bargain - I would drib dead along Metformin ER ( Metformin Extended Release - unlike aeroplane the regular metformin I’d tried 8 years earlier,) too if my pilus started falling out, I’d stop, ASAP - too doctor J too I would drib dead to/create conception B. 

I drove home, picked upward my RX too started my origin circular at dinner. 
Sidebar: On March 16th, I received a cortisone shot to popular a ganglion cyst on my palm - I convinced the doctor to role 1/2 the normal amount of cortisone too twice the amount of saline. The cyst was popped too my blood saccharide was solely elevated for 2 weeks.
And on March 20th I tore my quad musculus - too it wound similar hell.  

But dorsum to the Met ER - the origin few weeks on Met ER, at that spot were rumbles inwards my belly for sure - but cipher I couldn’t lead hold too not nearly equally bad equally when I'd tried regular Metformin back inwards 2008. In 2 weeks the rumblings subsided for the most part.
I too noticed that Metformin ER made me experience fuller, quicker. I’d forgotten well-nigh that side effect. 
I travelled for one-half of Apr too by May 17th (the solar daytime of my manus too wrist surgery,) I’d lost 4.5 lbs. 
By July I was downwards 9 lbs too I didn’t gain weight piece I was inwards Florida handle Children With Diabetes Friends for Life - too yes, at that spot were some nacho too margarita moments inwards Florida. 

On July 17th I went dorsum to my Endo - piece my A1C had solely gone downwards past times a fraction (thank y'all nasty sinus infection that stayed inwards my organization from slow June through mid July,) my labs were great, My weight was downwards past times 9 lbs too my Endo was thrilled. 

Dr. J increased my Metformin ER to thou mgs, twice a solar daytime too told me he was proud.

The increment caused my tummy to react too the rumblings returned, but were gone quicker the 2d fourth dimension around.
In August I bought 2 novel bathing suits - including a crimson 1 that made me experience similar WonderWoman!  

September rolled inwards too I was 12 lbs downwards - too according to my pilus dresser (who is too a love friend, brutally honest, too ever has back,) the pilus on my caput is staying put. 
Sidebar: I lead hold daily biotin too B12 supplements because biotin promotes pilus too blast growth too if your b12 is depression (which tin live 1 of the side effects of Metormin,) your pilus volition autumn out. 
As of today - I’ve lost 14.5 lbs too my daily insulin intake is downwards betwixt 9 too xv units- steadily decreasing inwards increments since March. 
The most recent insulin decrease happened a few weeks ago, when I started noticing that my daily, 24 lx minutes pump totals were inwards the mid 30’s. 
5 days inwards the mid thirties range, followed past times a bump upward of a duet days inwards the 40s too so dorsum to the mid thirties. YES, at that spot were a duet inwardness of the night, kick my ass lows (and 1 nasty high,) piece I readjusted my basal rates. But I did what I had to because that's what people amongst diabetes do. 

Tomorrow is my Endo appointment - I’m hoping for skilful labs too a decrease inwards my a1c . 

And whatever happens, happens - I'm going to hold moving forward. 

Komentar

Postingan Populer