Life Too Diabetes Hacks - Aka, Chilled Sharpie Marking Ftw & My Sanity
I’ve been tweeking things upward equally of belatedly inwards life as well as life amongst diabetes - as well as past times “tweeking,” of course of educational activity I'm talking virtually life hacks.
Nothing crazy, but even as well as thence - trivial changes = large ones.
Chilled Sharpie Marker FTW & My Sanity
I’ve started keeping a Sharpie Marker inwards the fridge, on the shelf where I continue my insulin.
That agency every fourth dimension I showtime a novel insulin bottle I tin hand the sack grade the engagement the bottle was started on the bottle as well as the box - no to a greater extent than wondering when said bottle was opened, or non existence able to yell upward which insulin was the ane that was temporarily lost inwards the refrigerator as well as required opening a novel one, as well as non existence able to yell upward what was which, when the lost bottle was found.
**I equally good continue spare insulin reservoirs as well as a distich needles inwards the refrigerator because it saves me some extra steps. I tin hand the sack fill upward up my insulin reservoir spell standing at my fridge. Sanity saving for sure.
Switching from Juice Boxes To Cute Little Juice Cans
I lately switched from juice-boxes to aluminum bottles of Dole© Pineapple juice cans - as well as continue two past times my bed - only inwards case.
The argue for the switch was easy.
One twenty-four hours I went to the local grocery shop as well as they were out of my favorite juice-boxes. Bummer, until I noticed the trivial Dole© Pineapple juice cans on the bottom shelf.
- They cost the same cost equally juice bottles
- I mean value they are recyclable
- 6 ounces each amongst 24 grams of carbs, ane commonly is all I require to process a oculus of the nighttime low, but YDMV
- The cans are to a greater extent than durable (as inwards they don’t larn smashed, particularly when I toss ane inwards my pocketbook to become for a workout,) as well as they remind me of my childhood.
No More Bottled Water For Me
I made the switch to Brita filtered H2O bottles as well as Brita filter pitchers quite some fourth dimension agone as well as I couldn’t live happier.
I even as well as thence experience guilty virtually all the plastic bottles of H2O I’ve been responsible for over the years, but at to the lowest degree I’m no longer adding to the problem.
The Brita Sports bottles are 20 ounces, come upward amongst their ain replaceable H2O filters as well as they pay themselves 10 fold.
I believe mine cost $8.99 each as well as I cannot yell upward the final fourth dimension I purchased bottled water.
I equally good accept a actually dandy Thermos Water Bottle amongst a flip lid that holds 20+ ounces as well as allows me to add together upward the times I refill it via a twisty cap that keeps track. VERY cool as well as both Brita as well as Thermos bottles are PBA free.
I straightaway exclusively purchase seltzer H2O inwards packages of 12,12 ounce cans. Soda companies similar Coke as well as Pepsi run into the sparkling water marketing growing larger every yr as well as are jumping on it - said companies (and others,) are downwards sizing the cans inwards both tin hand the sack size as well as cans per package, as well as thence they tin hand the sack brand to a greater extent than money. I won’t purchase from those companies because that’s a crappy matter to produce to their customers.
Back To Filtered Water
I continue a recycled drinking glass 64 ounce milk bottle inwards the refrigerator filled amongst filtered H2O because EVERYTHING TASTES BETTER IN GLASS.
Speaking of Water And Keeping Hydrated
For equally much H2O equally I drinkable (and I drinkable freaking tons,) non to yell I moisturize similar crazy, my peel is even as well as thence real dry.
I mean value my dry out peel has to produce amongst diabetes as well as existence on several dissimilar medications to remain healthy.
I’m trying out some dissimilar options as well as volition written report dorsum on my findings, as well as thence remain tuned
Breakfast as well as Morning Snacks Upgrade, Thanks To Summer Fruits as well as Veggies
Not actually change, but even as well as thence worth sharing.
Every morn I brand a fresh smoothie amongst frozen blueberries or what every fruit I’ve purchased at the local farmers marketplace as well as lots of fresh basil as well as mint as well as poly peptide pulverization -it’s yummy quick as well as slow to bolus for.
And when I experience similar grazing mid morn - I accept a form bar as well as about 3/4‘s of a loving cup of sugariness yellowish grape tomatoes.
I larn almost two servings of veggies from those sugariness delicious tiny tomatoes as well as damn if they aren’t tasty!
My Canned Tuna Ah-HA Moment - GAME CHANGER
So dorsum May when I had my surgeries as well as stayed amongst my friends for a few days to recover - I discovered something that changed my tuna salad loving, life!
My friends C & D continue their cans of tuna refrigerated, that agency when they brand tuna salad, the tuna is already chilled.
OK, this changed my life because inwards all of my years, my household unit of measurement NEVER kept canned goods inwards the refrigerator - they were ever kept inwards the pantry.
But over the years whenever I was hangry for a tuna salad, I would see a can, drain it, throw some horseradish as well as mayo inwards (both already chilled,) as well as never had the patience to allow the tuna salad chill - I’d terminate terminal upward eating it slightly below room temp as well as some of the magic was gone.
Now, I ever throw the tuna cans correct inwards the refrigerator - no require to human face for the tuna to chill.
Tuna salad magic is dorsum as well as seriously life changing!
And you lot accept whatever trivial life/ diabetes hacks you lot experience similar sharing, that would live cool


Komentar
Posting Komentar