Lasso'd Past Times My Insulin See Tubing - Again
So this happened the other night.
Just spent 2minutes tethered 2stove b/c my #insulinpump 's tubing inexplicably wrapped closed to a burner knob that refused two loosen! #diabetes— Kelly / Diabetes (@diabetesalish) January 23, 2017
And lucky for me, DOCers on the twitter related as well as laughed alongside me.
Basically, yours genuinely walked into her kitchen, turned the corner as well as was literally lasso’d yesteryear 1 of her stove's gas burner knobs.
The knobs (dials?) remainder on the front end of the stove as well as straight inwards a higher house the oven door, non on tap, which keeps things interesting
The knobs (dials?) remainder on the front end of the stove as well as straight inwards a higher house the oven door, non on tap, which keeps things interesting
The to a greater extent than I tried to untangle myself, the to a greater extent than tangled upward I became.
And of course of written report I reached for my telephone to document, merely it was inwards the other room... on the couch.
I tried the stove's knob/dial, merely that sucker was on in that place tight as well as having paw surgical physical care for didn’t deal the situation.
I in conclusion disconnected from my view infusion site as well as was able to pry the knob off alongside my hands, as well as so I like shooting fish in a barrel untangled cast the 1/2 an inch metallic business office thingy that the dial/knob gibe on.
Crisis averted as well as I laughed out loud because:
A. It was funny
B. Nothing terrible happened, beingness mad would accept been wasted energy.
It’s non the starting fourth dimension time my view tubing has been lasso’d yesteryear my stove’s burner knobs, or the second, or third.
Thanks to my view tubing, I’ve likewise been lasso’d yesteryear doorknobs, ledges, edges, my car’s emergency break, seat belts, the occasional belt loop (mine as well as others,) trunk parts, (mine as well as others,) as well as everything in-between.
It’s business office of the living alongside the “job” that is diabetes, as well as wearing an insulin view alongside tubing.
And yes, I know that I tin record the tubing to my abdomen, merely my belly real-estate is limited.
BUT I may endeavour taping the tubing, therefore making it await similar an actual lasso.... Also,
I intend nosotros tin all concur that if nosotros didn't express joy at the D craziness, we'd larn nuts.
And personally, I postulate to a greater extent than laughs every bit of late.
BUT I may endeavour taping the tubing, therefore making it await similar an actual lasso.... Also,
![]() |
| Squad Goals |
And personally, I postulate to a greater extent than laughs every bit of late.
So if you’ve been lasso’d alongside your pump’s tubing or another D accessory, experience costless to percentage ... or not.
Either way, I promise this post service made you lot smile!



Komentar
Posting Komentar