I Heard Dorsum From Unitedhealthcare - Non Impressed.

Yesterday I wrote a Facebook status which amongst some alterations in addition to additions, morphed into today’s weblog shipping service - because #diabetesaccessmatters
######

I reached out to UnitedHealthCare several times regarding their conclusion to bound their customers amount selection to Medtronic. 
I don’t convey UHC every bit my insurance provider in addition to I rate to wearable an out of warranty minimed/ medtronic pump, which I love, only the idea of non having options when it comes to my diabetes in addition to my wellness keeps me upward at night. 

I received a reply from UHC yesterday, it was impersonal to the indicate of existence cookie cutter - in addition to its wording made it appear every bit if my concerns were incidental in addition to unimportant. 

My concerns are neither - they are specific in addition to relevant to anyone amongst diabetes or living amongst a chronic illness. 

Lastly, the alphabetic lineament was signed “Consumer Affairs.” 
Talk well-nigh innocuous in addition to none specific. 

A signature amongst a cite ,department, in addition to extension pose out would convey been the proper in addition to professional person means to closed the letter. 

Also “Consumer Affairs," if you’re going to forrad my concerns to “the appropriate department,” delight hold out specific in addition to solid set down who that subdivision genuinely is. 


Like all of you lot inward the Diabetes Online Community in addition to beyond, I'm all well-nigh selection when it comes to my life in addition to my life amongst diabetes – in addition to the options I purpose to cope my diabetes.
I wearable my amount 24x7, in addition to every bit I stated above, it happens to hold out an out of warranty Medtronic minimed pump.
My insulin amount is on my trunk 23 hours a 24-hour interval - seven days a week, in addition to 365 days a year. 
My insulin amount has been amongst me at every major life effect - including my mother’s funeral. 
It’s traveled amongst me closed to the basis in addition to it’s been on my individual (or on my nightstand,) at the most intimate of moments. 


I believe every unmarried individual in addition to no affair the affliction or condition, deserves in addition to requires selection when it comes to their handling options.
I empathise that insurance companies may non hold out able to give their customers an array of choices regarding insulin pumps - only for God sakes give us choice. 
Don't dictate a slice of equipment that nosotros must wearable for 4 years in addition to without option.

Don't shipping me a alphabetic lineament some poorly worded alphabetic lineament sent yesteryear the "man behind the curtain," named “Consumer Affairs.” 

And to both UHC in addition to Medtronic, yesteryear removing build selection from United HealthCare’s patients, you lot are also limiting CGM choices - then delight don’t solid set down inward press releases that you’re doing to exercise goodness the patient re: improve pricing in addition to diabetes technology.


Limiting a patients selection inward diabetes technology, similar insulin pumps; cgms, exam strips, meters, in addition to other diabetes medications, does non exercise goodness patients - it benefits companies. 

Taking away our choices inward diabetes administration tools volition conk the norm instead of the exception, 
if nosotros don’t proceed to beak up. 

I convey been then real happy amongst my mini med/Medtronic pumps these yesteryear xv years of pumping, only the limitations imposed yesteryear UHC & Medtronic to others who alive the diabetes lives, has pushed into a corner every bit a patient in addition to every bit a consumer.

For the 2nd  time inward xv years of wearing a pump, I experience compelled to actively consider
other insulin amount options likewise Medtronic - spell I all the same convey choices to select from. 

The whole bloody province of affairs makes me 
angry - because #diabetesaccessmatters
And forthwith inward picking upward the telephone in addition to calling my Reps inward office. 

Komentar

Postingan Populer